"Great experience with Kathy. She helped us greatly with our out of state Medicaid rules when were deciding how to get our mother-in-law help here or in her hometown of Milwaukee She was a good intermediary between us and our Milwaukee Geriatric Case Manager who was not helpful and not clear In her communications. Kathy researched how to get Mom help here if we decided to bring Mom here instead
of keeping her in Milwaukee."
Kathy is especially skilled and interested in working with those with cognitive impairment or dementia and mental health. When there is a diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease or other dementia, there will be lots of questions—how the disease may progress, what to expect, how to cope with today and plan for tomorrow. As the dementia progresses, the elder's needs can become more complex and challenging—that's where Sage Advice can make all the difference.
If a diagnosis of Alzheimer's or a related dementia is made, we can create short and long-term goals to prepare for the road ahead. Because dementia is a progressive disease, and care will need to be adjusted over time. While someone in early-stage Alzheimer's may live independently, over time, 24-hour supervision will be required.
- Home safety evaluation and recommendations for technology, products, and home adaptations to maximize safety and independence
- Advocacy for Medical diagnosis and treatment
- Help with difficult behaviors and strategies for successful interactions
- Referals to and arrangement of specially trained home care providers
- Guidance regarding transitioning to supportive living situation